Monday, March 30, 2009

Jumbled Blog about Ovid and Other Interesting Things


I must say this is my favorite of the pictures I found of my Ovid story.It comes from a production that the University of North Dakota put on of many Ovid stories. You can find it here:http://theatrephotos.und.edu/2000_images/2005metamorphoses/2005metamorphoses-Pages/Image3.html.

I would also like to say that thinking in class today I would like to imagine the death of Ovid in An Imaginary Life as a transformation in itself. Writing a story exulting Ovid's exile would not be complete without a transformation or two. I feel the boy helped Ovid transform into the person he wanted to be and at the end instead of dying Ovid transforms into the boy himself. Furthermore, I feel the boy also experienced a transformation from a free boy, to a captive, back to a free boy. Though these transformations are certainly less subtle than the ones found in The Metamorphosis I believe they are there nonetheless.

On that note, having read through some of the blogs regarding our one page paper I must say everyone's topics seem so interesting. Christina definitely fulfilled Dr. Sexson's requirement to relate the reading to the class. I especially liked that she related Steiner's five states of drama to An Imaginary Life, something I certainly did not think to do but through her blog understood how it fits perfectly. Rio's blog also stood out to me with his explanation of the Child as a final guide for Ovid and how he wonders why Ovid did not sooner understand his fate. Everyone certainly went above and beyond as Dr. Sexson exclaimed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment